Night Terrors


"I got something to tell you", I tried to leave and say I was sorry.
I felt the trembling in my skin and I have brought it too far.
I thought I fought so boldly but saw another shooting star.
Do I make a wish to make it go away?
No, I seek answers to it all.
I prayed a million times and thought one day at a time I should keep my faith.
I delivered, pour wine, and wonder why I am feeling wasted away.
I said it too many times, please help me from being a mental slave.
I feel your pain.
From my eyes to the top of your head.
I felt you banging even when I questioned, "Is this the end?"
So sorry I can't see it as I only lay here in my bed.
Screams and yelling, all surrounded me.
“Hurry!”, they said, "Wake up!"
I said, “who are they?
The rooster crows, calling to me.
I try to sleep but wonder why I am so sleepless.
I walk the block but hear 4.
To my astonishment is it Allan Poe?
The Raven.

The way it trembles me but angers the world.
As I walk a dark street alone.
I think of the park, but the danger in front of me.

So I walk home and lock the door.

Comments

Popular Posts